This is the first time Gravity Forms has ever made such a major change to the database schema so we want to ensure that every site is upgraded successfully without any loss of entry data. To avoid potential issues we advise all customers to test this version before the final release and report any issues.Now is the time for 3rd party developers and customers who have implemented customizations that may be impacted by these changes to be testing and readying changes in preparation for the final release of Gravity Forms v2.3 via automatic update.
Gravity Forms v2.3 Highlights
- Improved accessibility: tabindex attribute is now suppressed unless enabled via the shortcode or gform_tabindex filter.
- Select All choice added to Checkbox Field to easily select/deselect all choices.
- Multiple form export files can now be imported at once using the Import/Export tools.
- Introduced support for OpenSSL encryption.
- Deprecated support for Mcrypt encryption.
- Added Notifications setting for defining CC email to Email Notification. Enabled using the new gform_notification_enable_cc filter.
- Updated the included Chosen JS library for the enhanced Drop Down field UI to the latest version.
Upgrading to v2.3The database upgrade process will be completely automatic and transparent and you won’t need to intervene. If your site or multisite network has a large number of entries (100k+) then, depending on your server resources, you may find the migration takes a long time to complete. If you have any questions or see any errors, please open a support ticket so we can help you.
Note for DevelopersThe database schema has changed in v2.3 to improve performance and scalability. If you have any code that accesses the Gravity Forms tables directly you will need to update your table and column names. Any existing code that uses Gravity Forms API functions (GFAPI) will not be affected.
Gravity Forms v2.3 RC1 Changelog
- Updated the migration batch size from 10k to 20k to speed up the migration for larger sites.
- Fixed some issues with the background process lock which may cause the upgrade to take longer than expected.
- Fixed an issue with background tasks on multisite.
- Fixed RAND support in the entry search criteria.
- Fixed debug warnings when activating using the WP CLI.
- Fixed security index files not getting created in custom file upload locations.