Version 2.3 is a feature release that includes a variety of enhancements and improvements. A complete rundown of the features, enhancements, and changes can be found below.
Now is the time for 3rd party developers and customers who have implemented customizations that may be impacted by these changes to be testing and readying changes in preparation for the final release of Gravity Forms v2.3 via automatic update.
Gravity Forms v2.3 Highlights
- Improved accessibility: tabindex attribute is now suppressed unless enabled via the shortcode or gform_tabindex filter.
- Select All choice added to Checkbox Field to easily select/deselect all choices.
- Multiple form export files can now be imported at once using the Import/Export tools.
- Introduced support for OpenSSL encryption.
- Deprecated support for Mcrypt encryption.
- Added Notifications setting for defining CC email to Email Notification. Enabled using the new gform_notification_enable_cc filter.
- Updated the included Chosen JS library for the enhanced Drop Down field UI to the latest version.
Upgrading to v2.3
The database upgrade process will be completely automatic and transparent and you won’t need to intervene. If your site or multisite network has a large number of entries (100k+) then, depending on your server resources, you may find the migration takes a long time to complete. If you have any questions or see any errors, please open a support ticket so we can help you.
Note for Developers
The database schema has changed in v2.3 to improve performance and scalability. If you have any code that accesses the Gravity Forms tables directly you will need to update your table and column names. Any existing code that uses Gravity Forms API functions (GFAPI) will not be affected.
Gravity Forms v2.3 Beta 3 Changelog
- Added the gform_form_list_count filter for overriding the filter counts on the forms list page. Credit: Randall-Reilly and 10up.
- Added the gform_form_list_forms filter for overriding the forms included on the forms list page. Credit: Randall-Reilly and 10up.
- Fixed an issue where emptying the trash on the entry list deletes all entries.
- Fixed an issue with the form editor preventing screen readers from editing field settings.
- Fixed an issue with the form submission process where notifications may be sent with blank field values when WordPress is using certain database cluster configurations.
- Fixed security index files not getting created in custom file upload locations.
Gravity Forms v2.3 Beta 3 Rest API v1 Changelog
- Fixed a performance issue while clearing the transients.
- Removed support for duplicate keys for checkbox fields in search criteria field filters - use array values with IN or NOT IN instead.
- Added GF_Field::get_context_property() and GF_Field::set_context_property() to help define and determine the context for the field.
- Added GF_Query. One query to rule them all. Credit: The team at GravityView.